No announcement yet.

The Witcher 2 Officially Released For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought it, great to see support! Go CD Projekt!

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
      I bought this back when they announced GOG was coming to Linux so I can install it when it gets ported.

Amazing! Can't wait to play it!

edit:
      not available on linux on GOG... :/
      Because of their strong support guarantees, the GOG guys won't offer Linux downloads for anything until release day for their upcoming addition of Linux support. Same basic idea as their OSX announcement. A bunch of titles on announcement-day and nothing earlier.

I'm assuming They don't want to split their attention between learning how to support Linux users and either trying to support them or risking harm to their brand by saying "not supported yet".

Comment

It would be even more amazing if they also added linux support for Witcher 1

Comment

I noticed other issue. Steering doesn't work - in a settings a keyboard events are mapped to empty keys - yellow places. Even if I reset keys to default state it looks like a game "thinks" that I use gamepad :/ Of course I set controller to keyboard...

Comment

I just bought this myself. Anybody know if the game is crossfire compatible? Considering Steam lately thinks I have no GPU acceleration anymore and considering the recent performance improvements, I may switch back to catalyst. It's just KDE is so close to wayland support, so it's a tough call.

Comment

Originally posted by PiotrDrag View Post
              I wonder if I can get access to the Linux client if I have the original box edition.
              Once GOG Linux support is release, you should have access to the Linux version, as you should be able to register boxed version on GOG.

Comment

Access granted to my wallet!

Just bought it to show my support to SteamOS Linux games.

Comment

I didn't used Steam a lot... but I think it would be cool to have a demo-benchmarks to download and see how well it works. Maybe Intel Iris PRO 5200 will be sufficient, or AMD A10 integrated graphics Is there something available?

Comment

Dammit, this is a pickle. I've promised myself not to play any games on Windows that are available for Linux. So it's a choice between playing on on pimped out Windows machine with a 770 gtx, or my Linux gaming machine, Arch, open-source drivers with a 6870. I would love to hear what type of experience people get on this on different setups. Sounds encouraging that I might be able to run it on my current setup.

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
                      I noticed other issue. Steering doesn't work - in a settings a keyboard events are mapped to empty keys - yellow places. Even if I reset keys to default state it looks like a game "thinks" that I use gamepad :/ Of course I set controller to keyboard...
                      Same Problem here. I cant get the keyboard to work properly. After i setup the keyboard settings/keymapping ( or even reset to default ) the game forget my settings and left all keymappings blank (yellow)

Comment

Working...
                      X