The Witcher 2 Officially Released For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcmst View Post
    I know system requirements say integrated GPU are not supported, but is there someone that tested the game on a Intel HD4000 card and can confirm if the game does not start/stutters/is very slow/whatever?

P.s.: first post, hi guys
    Can tell you right now that even if you put everything on the lowest, you will struggle hard with this game. This game really requires a really powerful rig for a enjoyable experience.

Comment

Originally posted by dcmst View Post
      I know system requirements say integrated GPU are not supported, but is there someone that tested the game on a Intel HD4000 card and can confirm if the game does not start/stutters/is very slow/whatever?

P.s.: first post, hi guys
      the game was having problems running on a c2q 3,6ghz with a 4850 all medium/low.I don't belive a hd4000 can make it

Comment

Thanks, I'll buy it anyway even if I don't plan to buy a gaming machine in the near future, just to support the cause

Comment

Catalyst driver is not working, at least with my 290x I get a blackscreen.

Comment

well, huray and thank you Poland for CDProjekt along many other things (sorry Michael I didn't meant it as advertising, i am not paid by them, i am not even Polish by kind, I am just happy). I've got the collector box for this title since the presales many years ago and for the moment i am lacking any access to the Linux installer (since GoG allowed me to add the title on my account using the serial number but they don't have yet nix support). Now i am pondering if i will have to pay for Steam license or wait until they will provide a solution for current non-Steam customers. And i guess i will pay . A good part, next week my big tv will arrive most likely and W2 is a good opportunity to see it in use.

Thanks again
            a.

Comment

Works on my HD 7950, R9 270X, and 6850s using the latest stable open source radeon drivers on Arch Linux. Performance, however, is not that great. With RadeonSI stuff though, I occassionaly get the following error: LLVM ERROR: ran out of registers during register allocation

Comment

I run this game on A10-7850k with Catalyst 14.4, however I had to start this game 5 times + pkill after ~1 minute to kill freezed app (black screen). At now games start really fast, now I'm trying to find optimal settings for Kaveri.

Comment

Just bought

I've just bought this game

80% off is amazing

Comment

So, is it the Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition or the Directors cut I should buy?
                    Why can't they explain what these different editions include or how they differ :-(

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
                      So, is it the Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition or the Directors cut I should buy?
                      Why can't they explain what these different editions include or how they differ :-(
                      "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut" is the first game in the series from 2007 (no Linux version), while "The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition" is the sequel from 2011, now with Linux support.

I wonder if I can get access to the Linux client if I have the original box edition.

Comment

Working...
                      X