NVIDIA On Ubuntu 14.04 Has Some New Advantages Over Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    That's not going to happen since I don't have a way for PTS to obtain power readings under Windows in a uniform and automated manner.
    Can't you use a physical device for that (idk what it's called in English)? But I understand that it would take more time and it would not be as automated. But once a year (or upon a release of most common operating systems) such tests would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by plantroon View Post
      Can't you use a physical device for that (idk what it's called in English)? But I understand that it would take more time and it would not be as automated. But once a year (or upon a release of most common operating systems) such tests would be great.
      I use a physical device to monitor it, but under Windows I currently don't have a way to poll it like I do on Linux. Without the automation and repeatability support for accuracy, it's not going to be done.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'd like to see these same test but with Windows using DirectX.
        Also some Source based games.

Comment

dota 2

Originally posted by chimpy View Post
          I'd like to see these same test but with Windows using DirectX.
          Also some Source based games.
          i have the same performance in both systems with dota 2, windows is not better and directx is a garbage for some reason opengl is used in CAD

Comment

Performance is already good, but what about missing features in Linux? Still no support for NVIDIA 3D Vision!

Comment

Nvidia on Ubuntu 14.04 sucks!

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

What a steaming POS! ****** PPA crap. Nvidia XServer shows one version and the Nvidia driver in the repo shows a newere one.

$ nvidia-settings

ERROR: nvidia-settings could not find the registry key file. This file should have been
              installed along with this driver at either
              /usr/share/nvidia/nvidia-application-profiles-334.21-key-documentation or
              /usr/share/nvidia/nvidia-application-profiles-key-documentation. The application
              profiles will continue to work, but values cannot be preopulated or validated, and
              will not be listed in the help text. Please see the README for possible values and
              descriptions.

Comment

I can't edit? Anyway, 'fixed it. So nevermind...

Comment

Working...
                X