Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zenwalk Continues To Impress With 5.2

Phoronix: Zenwalk Continues To Impress With 5.2

While our friends at DistroWatch only rate Zenwalk as the 19th most popular Linux distribution, we have been very impressed by their recent releases and have felt that it is a distribution worth trying as it is an unsung hero. With the Zenwalk 5.2 Beta having been released yesterday, we immediately took this new release for a quick test-drive.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I couldn't agree more. Zenwalk is an impressive distro well worth trying and using. I have the current version on a spare machine and have to say it has performed impeccably so far.
    A fast clean polished and full featured distro that deserves a lot more recognition.

Comment

did they finnaly comply to the GPL?

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
        did they finnaly comply to the GPL?
        Not yet, but it's apparently being worked on: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5355

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
          Not yet, but it's apparently being worked on: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5355
          That's for Arch Linux's bugzilla...not Zenwalk's

Comment

Hrm, I've seen this distro before, but never tried it. I guess I should get it now

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
              Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
              That's for Arch Linux's bugzilla...not Zenwalk's
              this should be somehow funny, yet given the seriousness of the situation, it isn't

Comment

Zenwalk source repository is READY

Hi,

The Zenwalk source repository is now ready and our package submitting process now includes mandatory source upload.

This repository is complete for all packages distributed on the ISO, and the "extra" user contributed packages repository is being populating, it's just a matter of time now.

Best Regards

JP

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
                  this should be somehow funny, yet given the seriousness of the situation, it isn't
                  Sorry; got my tabs mixed up and posted too fast...

Comment

Originally posted by hyperion View Post
                    This repository is complete for all packages distributed on the ISO, and the "extra" user contributed packages repository is being populating, it's just a matter of time now.

Best Regards

JP
                    Great man

Guess it's time to inform B?ranger too

Comment

Working...
                    X