Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's Weston Is Past 90,000 Lines

Phoronix: Wayland's Weston Is Past 90,000 Lines

With the release of Wayland 1.5 being imminent, here's some fresh development statistics for its active Weston compositor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Intel, Red Hat, and Collabora are among the top organizations contributing to Wayland/Weston.
    But bitplanet seems to be the top org. What is this company and why are they contributing to Weston? It is the first time I hear about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Szzz View Post
      But bitplanet seems to be the top org. What is this company and why are they contributing to Weston? It is the first time I hear about them.
      Kristian H?gsberg has a BitPlanet address...
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

hm...

Originally posted by Szzz View Post
        wayland is the protocol, weston is the implementation of this protocol, weston is only for tests, gnome will use mutter with wayland protocol for example etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
          wayland is the protocol, weston is the implementation of this protocol, weston is only for tests, gnome will use mutter with wayland protocol for example etc etc
          Gnome and KDE will use their own compositors, but some smaller, lightweight desktop environments will probably use weston or modified versions of weston.

Comment

Working...
          X