Thread: Wayland's Weston Is Past 90,000 Lines

Default Wayland's Weston Is Past 90,000 Lines

Phoronix: Wayland's Weston Is Past 90,000 Lines

With the release of Wayland 1.5 being imminent, here's some fresh development statistics for its active Weston compositor...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY5NDA

Intel, Red Hat, and Collabora are among the top organizations contributing to Wayland/Weston.
    But bitplanet seems to be the top org. What is this company and why are they contributing to Weston? It is the first time I hear about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Szzz View Post
    But bitplanet seems to be the top org. What is this company and why are they contributing to Weston? It is the first time I hear about them.
    Kristian Høgsberg has a BitPlanet address...

Default hm...

Quote Originally Posted by Szzz View Post
    wayland is the protocol, weston is the implementation of this protocol, weston is only for tests, gnome will use mutter with wayland protocol for example etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by rikkinho View Post
    wayland is the protocol, weston is the implementation of this protocol, weston is only for tests, gnome will use mutter with wayland protocol for example etc etc
    Gnome and KDE will use their own compositors, but some smaller, lightweight desktop environments will probably use weston or modified versions of weston.