Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved Line Graphs Come To Phoronix Results

Phoronix: Improved Line Graphs Come To Phoronix Results

Semi-frequently there's been requests to improve the line graphs that are shown for certain test results within Phoronix articles. Fortunately, thanks to the work of an independent contributor, there are improvements you can find within Phoronix Test Suite 5.2-Khanino that will affect future articles...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Colorblind help?

As a color blind fellow, could I suggest a feature? With the many different kinds of color blindness and the random collection of colors used in graphs, one thing that I think would help is the ability to either mouse over or click on a legend box/label and have the line associated with it highlighted in some way.

Alternately (and this seems harder to do), the ability to have a hover text associated with each line which displayed the legend for that line.

Either would go a long way to making the graphs useful for people with limited color differentiation/perception abilities.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
      As a color blind fellow, could I suggest a feature? With the many different kinds of color blindness and the random collection of colors used in graphs, one thing that I think would help is the ability to either mouse over or click on a legend box/label and have the line associated with it highlighted in some way.

Alternately (and this seems harder to do), the ability to have a hover text associated with each line which displayed the legend for that line.

Either would go a long way to making the graphs useful for people with limited color differentiation/perception abilities.
      As with earlier color improvements on Phoronix like today's line improvements, patches are welcome as I'm short on time to deal with things like that without corporate demand for such features.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X