Thread: GhostBSD 4.0 Alpha 3 Finally Surfaces

Default GhostBSD 4.0 Alpha 3 Finally Surfaces

Phoronix: GhostBSD 4.0 Alpha 3 Finally Surfaces

It's been almost two months since the release of GhostBSD 4.0 Alpha 2 but out this weekend is finally the third alpha of the desktop-focused FreeBSD-based operating system...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY5MjU

BSD is horribly bloated:

Ubuntu amd64 ISO: 964MB

GhostBSD amd64 LXDE ISO: 1853MB

I'm still sticking with Linux and so should everybody. Ignore BSD. Bloated at the same time, useless.

Quote Originally Posted by endman View Post
    Ubuntu amd64 ISO: 964MB.
    Ubuntu installer fails to fit on a CD... Not exactly a great example of "non-bloated" software haha.

Quote Originally Posted by kpedersen View Post
    Ubuntu installer fails to fit on a CD... Not exactly a great example of "non-bloated" software haha.
    Turns out that this BSD fanboy hasn't heard of the DVD. Not surprising considering that BSD poeple near keep up with new and important hardware.

Back in FreeBSD 7, they never heard of a USB and when they did, they implementation it so badly that pulling out a USB without unmounting crashes the kernel. Yes with FreeBSD 7, you can restart your OS by pulling out your USB key. What "High Quality" code, even more "high quality" then Linux which does not restart when you pull out a USB without unmounting.

High quality my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by endman View Post
    High quality my ass.
    Hehe, no need to go on the defensive there endman. I am sure that we can all agree that as far as Linux goes. Ubuntu isn't renowned for being lightweight.

As for that trollop about FreeBSD 7 USB unsafe removal crashing the OS. 7.0 was actually the first version of FreeBSD with the reimplemented USB subsystem where unsafe removal was supported. The last version of FreeBSD where this was an issue was 6.x. Obviously OpenBSD and NetBSD never had this issue in the first place.

But honestly, I don't see how you know all this because this all happened well before you were born

Quote Originally Posted by kpedersen View Post
    FreeBSD 7 USB unsafe removal crashing the OS. 7.2 was actually the first version
    But these were officially backported. 7-STABLE had it much earlier.

Please don't feed the troll. It is very possible that you end up to be less intelligent than before if you let that crap he writes anywhere near your brain.

But anyways, just for comparison:
    Slackware amd64: 2.3GB
    Pinguy amd64: 2.3GB
    Sabayon amd64 KDE: 2GB
    Debian amd64 DVD1: 3.7GB

He, who is too dumb to recognize that size of the ISO does tell about the software (and probably sources) that is provided in a default install and beyond, but does not tell anything about "bloat" (just look at the Debian DVD), has shown once again his lack of intelligence and his mindless zealotry to the world.

One couldn't make a better job in humiliating this troll than he does himself.

Now shut the fuck up and leave Phoronix alone, nobody wants or needs you here. Don't you have an article to write for your blog full of lies?