Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedreno Gallium3D Now Supports OpenGL 2.0

Phoronix: Freedreno Gallium3D Now Supports OpenGL 2.0

The Freedreno Gallium3D driver now is able to officially advertise OpenGL 2.0 support after the latest work on this open-source, reverse-engineered driver for Qualcomm Adreno graphics processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

hm

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Freedreno Gallium3D Now Supports OpenGL 2.0

The Freedreno Gallium3D driver now is able to officially advertise OpenGL 2.0 support after the latest work on this open-source, reverse-engineered driver for Qualcomm Adreno graphics processors...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY4OTU

great job

Comment

Great work! Are FBOs in the desktop GL already supported?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
        Great work! Are FBOs in the desktop GL already supported?
        They should be. To be honest, that is pretty much handled by mesa state tracker so I don't really have to do anything special. Gallium is pretty awesome that way.

Comment

Is there a cheap raspberrypi/beagleboard like computer with a Adreno GPU?

Comment

Originally posted by ssam View Post

Comment

just a word of warning, the firetv is locked down. Currently jailbreakable (but I think the current CVE's are still embargoed so you'll have to wait a month or so).. if anyone has one and wants to run linux (fedora/ubuntu/whatever) on it, try to block upgrade, since I'm sure amazon will push updates to fix the current holes.

That said, the big-freaking-heatsink in the thing is really nice ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ssam View Post
                It looks like there are still a few more days to get an ifc6410 (snapdragon 600) for $75..

for me, shipping (inside US) was $25, which seems a bit steep.. but still $100 for this thing, I think is probably the best value for money right now. (Lots of cpu/gpu power, 2G ram, wifi, GigE, SATA..)

I'm not aware of anything as cheap as r-pi or beaglebone.. but you can't really compare those, they are *much* lower performance devices.

Comment

btw, a couple weeks old now, but I forgot to blog about it so some might not have seen it:

fedora on firetv: http://youtu.be/PEruWaKKviQ

Comment

Good work!

Don't care so much about desktop OpenGL 3.0 as much as OpenGL ES 3 to be implemented in the driver.

Comment

Working...
                    X