Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing those results ChrisXY

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    And all that just to make sure it again does not work right, that is a main joke .
    Last edited by dungeon; 13 May 2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

536870912 bytes are 512 MB
      Is the game attempting to allocate a 512MB buffer? Seems like the limit for radeon is at 256MB, according to the error message.

Comment

Works fine with r600g and everything on high except for MSAA >4x or morphological AA ultra. This results in:

Code:
        EE r600_shader.c:6180 tgsi_endif - if/endif unbalanced in shader
        EE r600_shader.c:157 r600_pipe_shader_create - translation from TGSI failed !
        EE r600_state_common.c:750 r600_shader_select - Failed to build shader variant (type=1) -1

Comment

Posting from Firefox, horizontal together with diagonal tearing involved - Radeontm Stereo2D Tearing enabled .

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
            536870912 bytes are 512 MB
            Is the game attempting to allocate a 512MB buffer? Seems like the limit for radeon is at 256MB, according to the error message.
            Oh, didn't notice that the shadow problems and those messages correlate. So that's why it fails with shadows on ultra. I'm just a bit tired.

Anyway, it certainly is playable, has pretty good FPS and the rendering doesn't look too bad, if you can go without MSAA etc. The grainy effect is relatively limited so you really only see it sometimes...? Not sure what's up with that. Ligthing seems to be sometimes a bit off, but I'm not sure either whether it isn't supposed to do that.

The system lock up with MSAA (I tried 4x) is very unsexy, maybe I'll see tomorrow whether I can find out why it does that.

Comment

Originally posted by ssvb View Post
              I'm more interested to know if there are any good (or just any) open source OpenGL ES 2.0 compatible games for linux.
              Or even some ES 2.0 + tutorials

Comment

Works fine with fglrx, every single settings just work . Yes it is slideshow with everything maxed out on AM1 (around 4 fps ) but it is good to see things works

Comment

when i maxed out on a4 apu with iGPU

failed allocating shadow atlas!

Comment

Originally posted by stativ View Post
                    You should check out OctaForge which builds upon tesseract making it even more awesome. It's pretty much only the engine though, there isn't any cool demo showing all of its features.
                    Its development is quite inactive recently. There's only one developer really around it anyway, which is busy due to work.

Micheal, I'm sad to see you calling it only ?decent?. The assets are pretty nice.

Comment

It's actually trying to create a 16k x 16k x 16bit texture, 512mb in size. That's just plain crazy, even on a 3GB VRAM card, and they don't account for VRAM size at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X