Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland 1.5 With Weston 1.5 Is Coming In A Few Days

Phoronix: Wayland 1.5 With Weston 1.5 Is Coming In A Few Days

Two weeks after the first release candidate of Wayland 1.5, the second release candidate of Wayland 1.5 with the Weston 1.5 compositor is now available. If all goes well, the official Wayland/Weston 1.5 release will happen in the next few days...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

w00t w00t! The Wayland train is en route!

Mr. Shuttleworth, tear down your redundant display server!

Ok ok, I couldn't resist . Just this once,I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
      Mr. Shuttleworth, tear down your redundant display server!
      I'd rather Canonical would refactor Mir into a Wayland compositor. Linux (the kernel) + systemd + Wayland is seriously gearing up to be the next big shift in *nix technology. Distractions, like a homegrown display solution with lukewarm outside support, only slow down Canonical from adressing more worthwile endeavours, like fast and reliable graphical software management and better tools for managing system settings...

Comment

Originally posted by r_a_trip View Post
        I'd rather Canonical would refactor Mir into a Wayland compositor. Linux (the kernel) + systemd + Wayland is seriously gearing up to be the next big shift in *nix technology. Distractions, like a homegrown display solution with lukewarm outside support, only slow down Canonical from adressing more worthwile endeavours, like fast and reliable graphical software management and better tools for managing system settings...
        +1 yes

Comment

Working...
        X