Thread: JabirOS Is Now An "Independent" FreeBSD Fork

Default JabirOS Is Now An "Independent" FreeBSD Fork

Phoronix: JabirOS Is Now An "Independent" FreeBSD Fork

JabirOS is the rather peculiar operating system that started out as an Ubuntu-based distribution and turned to base itself on FreeBSD. After basing itself on FreeBSD, the latest hop for this seldom heard of distribution is to claim it "isnít a FreeBSD distribution anymore" but an independent fork...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY4NzI

Default Distro != Fork

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: JabirOS Is Now An "Independent" FreeBSD Fork

JabirOS is the rather peculiar operating system that started out as an Ubuntu-based distribution and turned to base itself on FreeBSD. After basing itself on FreeBSD, the latest hop for this seldom heard of distribution is to claim it "isnít a FreeBSD distribution anymore" but an independent fork...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY4NzI
    Unless they plan on modifying core system its just a distro not a fork.

JabirOS is a fork, because we have our own code base, and soon, we'll setup our pkg repositories and ports system .

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammadreza Haghiri View Post
    JabirOS is a fork, because we have our own code base, and soon, we'll setup our pkg repositories and ports system .
    And just what it is that you have changed that you can claim that it is your own code base instead of just a respin of FreeBSD 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    And just what it is that you have changed that you can claim that it is your own code base instead of just a respin of FreeBSD 10?
    Ok, We didn't change anything yet, we've just done changes on kernel, bootloader and brand to make what we want. We have goals for future (Such as a complete Desktop ISO, like PC-BSD, and a special image for Raspberry Pi).
    Last edited by tarceri; 05-11-2014 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Removed moderated quotes

People, please don't feed the troll. Just put beetreetime, another sock puppet account of the anti-BSD troll, on your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_User View Post
    People, please don't feed the troll. Just put beetreetime, another sock puppet account of the anti-BSD troll, on your ignore list.
    I need to clarify, the Iranian Ubuntu Community is in an attempt to make my face bad in Open Source world. I think beetreetime is one of that community's members.

What was the reason behind this? Why not Dragonfly or another form of BSD?
    What of software compatibility? Will this be compatible with FreeBSD software?

Ok, We didn't change anything yet, we've just done changes on kernel, bootloader and brand to make what we want. We have goals for future (Such as a complete Desktop ISO, like PC-BSD, and a special image for Raspberry Pi).
    What changes have you done to the kernel and bootloader?

I need to clarify, the Iranian Ubuntu Community is in an attempt to make my face bad in Open Source world. I think beetreetime is one of that community's members.
    No beetreetime, along with the other dozen sock puppet accounts, are just someone who trolls this forum on a regular basis who has an irrational hatred of BSD, I can assure you that he's not targeting you specifically.