Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.15-rc5 Was Released Early Because It's Big

Phoronix: Linux 3.15-rc5 Was Released Early Because It's Big

Due to a complicated travel schedule and because -rc5 is already bigger than 3.15-rc3 and 3.15-rc4, the fifth weekly RC version of the Linux 3.15 kernel was released two days early...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So rc6 will be the inevitable "this is too big for this stage" release?

Comment

Well he is in a good mood this week. When I read the article title I was expecting some trademark Linus snark.
      Instead I read a statement that sounded like it was proofread by someone with sensativity training.

Comment

We might have broken through to where maintaining the kernel's size is not as important as adding features.
        I can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
          We might have broken through to where maintaining the kernel's size is not as important as adding features.
          I can only hope.
          His complaints during RC mode having nothing to do with the kernel's size, or adding features.

It's about stability and testing.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            His complaints during RC mode having nothing to do with the kernel's size, or adding features.

It's about stability and testing.
            +1. It's about the amount of changes that happen between rc's. Obviously Linus is talking about the quantity of bug-fixing when he's saying "a big release." The number of changes to files is inversely proportional to Linus' mood.

Comment

Working...
            X