I'm so fucking excited.
Type: Posts; User: michal; Keyword(s):
I'm so fucking excited.
so it's quite useless version :D
anyway I wonder why article author expected that new kernel does much for intel hd 5500 performance if there was no changes related to this topic.
It also doesn't do much for solving world hunger problem...
bad language is a lame excuse for poor developers. yes, php sucks in many ways (for me the greatest problem is performance - I can live with other bugs/problems), but I'm able to create complicated...
"The Most Exciting Fedora News Of 2014"
for me is that they released 21 - after all the turmoil with fedora next.
This discussion starts to be interesting. "I'm building a distro. I'm building kernels. My di** is longer. No, my di** is longer!" Can you choose your female representant and start fight?
Most modern cpu specific optimisations in kernel are pointless. IIRC kernel developers are encouraged to not use event floating-point.
You can get best optimisations by changing code algorithms...
I'll just quote
"What other linux will let you have a vector optimized wordprocessor?"
"Current Minimal Requirements
o Gnu C 3.2 # gcc --version
It's kernel developers choice - not mine.
Anyway, the whole...
When someone will submit a patch, push it through review and prove that it works fine.
This option will make some bugs harder to repeat, because the same config can be compiled a different way.
It's not a scam to me. They just build some kernels and want to make money on it - I don't see anything bad here.
Phoronix gave them great advertisement for free.
Are you saying that the people working on closed source code don't deserve to pay them?
So everyone else have to starve, because if they don't provide source code to their project they can't claim payment for it?
"I released a new version of my kernels v32.4 Premium Kernels - i7, i7-pro, brazos i brazos-pro, based on Linux 3.17.4. In these versions as in the previous, I also have implemented the "clock"...
For me this might be a good release, because they packed solr. Elasticsearch and neo4j would be nice too. With packages for EL7 in EPEL.
It's nice to have.
They should start kickstarter campaign for open sourcing remaining 20% :D
"With this announcement, about 80% of gngr's code is now open. We are now working towards stabilising and opening the remaining 20%."
"lock-in promoted by systemd"
20 years of sysvinit lock-in gave all linux distributions a huge technology boost...
It was maintained for a few years.