Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttleworth Challenged Over Mir Comments

Phoronix: Shuttleworth Challenged Over Mir Comments

On Friday when announcing the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS codename, Mark Shuttleworth ruffled some feathers by making some critical comments about the Linux users in opposition to Canonical's Mir Display Server. KDE's Aaron Siego has now challenged Mark to a public and live debate over Mir vs. Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope Mark or somebody at Canonical will take the challenge. Not because I want to see them fail, but because it would be very interesting.
    I usually love the things Canonical comes up with, the only exception yet was the shopping lense desaster.

Comment

Hope this debate takes place, will be quite interested to hear it.

Comment

Oh god this is pure gold. Michael when will you start selling popcorn?

I was barely checking the old episode "one guy insults other guys by calling them political loonies", now we have the sequel, "one guy has delusions of grandeur to think everyone is using G+, and not only G+, but following his personal feed in it as well".

*nom nom* waiting for episode 3: revenge of the shit.

Comment

KDE Steps forward straight against Canonical!
          Very very interesting! And I am very happy that KDE devs have the guts to deal with M.S. face to face!

The spirit of Steve Jobs flies over Canonical... not quite a good sign for Linux I am afraid...

Well done KDE! You were always my favorite DE since Mandrake 9.1 days! You worth it guys!

Curaga is correct! Pop corn should be included in the Phoronix Premium accounts now Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            I was barely checking the old episode "one guy insults other guys by calling them political loonies", now we have the sequel, "one guy has delusions of grandeur to think everyone is using G+, and not only G+, but following his personal feed in it as well".
            What makes you think Aaron expects everyone to follow his personal feed? For all you know, he's made the challenge directly to Mark and only announced it on G+. And in either case, since Bacon was involved, it's likely to reach the ears of Marky Mark in any case.

Comment

popcorn and bacon, mmmmmm yum

Comment

So, once again, Shuttleworth goes full dickhead and Jono Bacon expects everyone to keep quiet about it... and in his generosity, he even starts #friendlyfriday to really show off how good he is!

Seriously, right now I am so glad to have wiped anything *Canonical from computers in my environment.

Comment

So *we* are the open-source tea party? So *we* suffer from the NIH syndrome?

/laugh
                  That's a 0/10 troll attempt, Mr. Shuttleworth. C'mon, you can do better.

Originally posted by rrae View Post
                  I hope Mark or somebody at Canonical will take the challenge.
                  They won't. They're not interested in an open-minded technical discussion. They only want to alienate everyone who understands how operating systems work... except their own employees. Alienate and purge every geek from the Ubuntu community. Their end goal is to sell their products to the clueless, to those who don't know the difference between good and bad concepts in software.
                  Last edited by prodigy_; 19 October 2013, 06:18 AM.

Comment

I love how "Tea Party" has quickly become one of the greatest insults available.

Comment

Working...
                    X