Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Delivers Some Performance Improvements

Phoronix: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Delivers Some Performance Improvements

For some workloads, the recently-released Apple OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" operating system is faster than its predecessor, OS X 10.8 "Lion". Here are some comparative benchmarks from the Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display and Intel Ivy Bridge 2.3GHz Core i7 processor.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I want to see Ubuntu 12.04 LTS thrown into the mix.

Would be nice see OS X 10.8 vs Ubuntu 12.10 vs Windows 8 shootout!

Comment

This is a head-scratcher, isn't it? "Linux hardware reviews, Benchmarking, and Gaming", or "My Latest Apple Toy" ?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I want to see Ubuntu 12.04 LTS thrown into the mix.

Would be nice see OS X 10.8 vs Ubuntu 12.10 vs Windows 8 shootout!
        On what hardware? Michael's already said there's a few problems running linux on the macbook. And why does it make a difference anyway?

Comment

On page one, the comparison chart....

The 10.7 mbp has 1024mb VRAM and the 10.8 mbp has 512mb VRAM.

sup wit that? Did you buy two?

F

Comment

Originally posted by dsmithhfx View Post
            This is a head-scratcher, isn't it? "Linux hardware reviews, Benchmarking, and Gaming", or "My Latest Apple Toy" ?
            Yep! This is yet another Phoronix Quality? article. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by dcc24
              Yep! This is yet another Phoronix Quality™ article. Enjoy!
              *facepalm* You're seriously complaining? Really, this article is a problem to you? My god some people on these forums just have nothing better to do than to complain about content that is FREE TO VIEW and completely OPTIONAL; you are under no obligation to view it. He has the hardware, he has the OS, he has the tools, and he has the time. Why not benchmark it? So what if it isn't open source? Its not like he filled the entire front page of Apple stuff. That's like saying somone buys a flatbed truck for construction purposes but you decide to bitch at owner for going off-roading with it because that wasn't the intended use for it.

Comment

Exactly. That's why I keep my adblock turned on. I don't care about apple crap.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                  Exactly. That's why I keep my adblock turned on. I don't care about apple crap.
                  Then why'd you read and comment on the article?

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
                    Then why'd you read and comment on the article?
                    Same reason people watch youtube videos to comment how much it sucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X