Mess Mess Mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess Mess Mess

Linux has always been a fight with windmills for me. Always something, always a shit comes in the way. Always. Why there cannot anything be normal. Jesus I am just a normal person. Just want to turn the computer and forget the geek stuff. Plug and Play.

Here's what I've encountered. And apparently there has been no no solution and nobody in a billion dollar companies want to make a small change. One clever person with $ 75k p.a. would be sufficient. But noooo. They have to sweam in honey and tell people to GFT.

and the winners are:

*Intel= ugly video tearing, some window tearing, crushing under vaapi, freezing menus, system crashes under file dragging

*AMD= Catalysts/fglrx = choppy video playback, disgusting video tearing, ugly window tearing, complete instability leading to crashes

*Nvida= ugly video tearing, tearing windows, videos freezing with NVDPAU, no crashes.Linux has no use for end user whatsoever.

And yet NO SYNC TO VBLANK for any graphics. SHAME and DISGUST!

The major question is WHEEEEEEEEEEN is the fix coming? Who of any Linux coders and contributors to Xorg or kernel called them? Does anyone including Linus watches videos under Linux? Apparently not. Apple OS and Android do not have these issues, so who gives a fuck? Right? The most important is that the shitty spywarey mess from google named Android is included in the kernel, because everyone on their laptops and desktops need that shit, I believe. The need of Torvalds to work for Google is more important. Wee don't give a fuck about Google. We useers will not work for Google or intend to work. We are just a bunch of morons who want to watch videos on their computers. But who gives a fuck. GFY yousers.

Honorable mention:
    Kernel Developers:
    9months, Ralink 5390sta pci WiFi has been open sourced and released under GPL, but yet we still have to deal with bad 2800pci for donkeys versions of kernel releases. WTF? Under Windows the latest drivers are like Lamborghini with a tank torque. 2800pci? Shove the up yours.?

Not getting value for your money?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnXfce View Post
      Honorable mention:
      Kernel Developers:
      9months, Ralink 5390sta pci WiFi has been open sourced and released under GPL, but yet we still have to deal with bad 2800pci for donkeys versions of kernel releases. WTF? Under Windows the latest drivers are like Lamborghini with a tank torque. 2800pci? Shove the up yours.?
      You're only mentioning a bad example here, there's lots of wifi cards that work right at launch time like Intel/Atheros.

Comment

*AMD= Catalysts/fglrx = choppy video playback, disgusting video tearing, ugly window tearing, complete instability leading to crashes
        Looks like you never try FOSS driver or TearFreeDesktop in proprietary driver.

Comment

I've never had any problems watching videos here on nvidia hardware. That video playing is broken on all hardware is just not true. Probably large resolution video is problematic but playing a DVD or a Youtube video, also fullscreen, just works here.

Comment

The most important is that the shitty spywarey mess from google named Android is included in the kernel, because everyone on their laptops and desktops need that shit, I believe.
            At least it's better than spyware from ms and apple and nobody needs it on desktop or laptops. What's more important spyware didn't get into the kernel and you can always use Cyanogen. Open Source drivers and nVidia are very good on Linux. I don't speak for Catalyst, because I found it problematic.

The major question is WHEEEEEEEEEEN is the fix coming? Who of any Linux coders and contributors to Xorg or kernel called them? Does anyone including Linus watches videos under Linux? Apparently not. Apple OS and Android do not have these issues, so who gives a fuck?
            That's whole bunch of bullshit. Ignoring Intel, you were complaining about blobs and you mentioned kernel and Xorg which have nothing to do with your problems. Blame AMD ,nVidia and Intel.

Honorable mention:
            Kernel Developers:
            Blame Ralink? Or better GFY.
            Last edited by kraftman; 11 May 2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Complaining here is fine, but copy-pasting the same post to 5 different threads is a bit overboard, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Language, please.

So you got a free pony and now you are standing in the town square screaming "I'm so angry, my free pony has no saddle!". Take a look in the mirror.

Comment

*Nvida= ugly video tearing, tearing windows, videos freezing with NVDPAU, no crashes.Linux has no use for end user whatsoever.
                  260 GTX with 1.7 GiB of ram.
                  =Noveau, Nvidia=
                  Video tearing: No, No
                  Tearing windows: No, No
                  Videos Freezing: (no VDPAU), No
                  No crashes: 0, 0

Radeon 4770 with 0,5 GiB of ram, used 1 year ago
                  =Radeon=
                  Video tearing: No
                  Tearing windows: No
                  Videos Freezing: No
                  No crashes: 0

Try better next time.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
                    I've never had any problems watching videos here on nvidia hardware. That video playing is broken on all hardware is just not true. Probably large resolution video is problematic but playing a DVD or a Youtube video, also fullscreen, just works here.
                    1920x1080 H264 AVC fullscreen via MPlayer: no problems here

Comment

Working...
                    X