Caster has gone Gold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caster has gone Gold!

If you jet on over to Caster's Website, you can download the demo right now and the price for purchase has went down to $4.99.

What is Caster?

If you're not aware, there's an indie title that just got game of the month from one of the main Indie online review sites. It's Caster. It's an episodic 3rd person shooter that places you in the role of a novice member of the Caster clan. This means you're capable of healing the damaged land and helping reclaim it from buglike monsters, the Flanx, that have damaged it. You start out somewhat weak, but build in power as you go along.

Not really my kind of game, but at least it runs on Linux

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Not really my kind of game, but at least it runs on Linux
      Yep. And soon there'll be more that run on it.

Comment

just bought. Great game! would have paid $20 easily for it.

Comment

@Svartalf

Do you have got connections to help

To get a publisher? I want an extended version of that game, still only a demo out there, but very cool game...

Comment

So, I would like to support Linux as a gaming platform, and Im very interested in this indie game, so, which source should I buy it from? Caster is available on Steam and Impulse, but I assume those are the windows-only versions of it. So, which store buy from me would count as a "linux-sale". It's sort of dumb that this has to be this way, I think every store should just sell the system independent "assets" and just download a linux binary blob with your registered key or something like that. But I'll work with what's already there.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
              So, which store buy from me would count as a "linux-sale".
              You can buy it direct from Elecorn's Caster site.

It's sort of dumb that this has to be this way, I think every store should just sell the system independent "assets" and just download a linux binary blob with your registered key or something like that. But I'll work with what's already there.
              It's dumb, but then the industry's NOT framed in by people like us...

Comment

@Svartalf

Do you have got connections to help

To get a publisher? I want an extended version of that game, still only a demo out there, but very cool game...
                I'll look into what I can help out with. No promises, but there might be something I can accomplish.

Comment

That would be really cool. Btw. there is a board for that game too:

Somebody even created a custom level for it without any editor available.
                  Last edited by Kano; 16 May 2009, 04:40 AM.

Comment

That would be really cool. Btw. there is a board for that game too:

Somebody even created a custom level for it without any editor available.
                    Damn, what did they use? A hex editor?

Comment

Working...
                    X