Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix: Linux, Food, Social Networks & Economics

Phoronix: Phoronix: Linux, Food, Social Networks & Economics

Before you head on over to our latest articles or news stories to read about the Intel Celeron E1400, the features of Phoronix Test Suite 2.0, or to request a beta key for a new Linux game, we have a few reminders we would like to get across before the weekend. First off, if you enjoy the content we produce, all of the Linux benchmarking that we carry out, and all of the work that goes into the Phoronix Test Suite, we kindly ask that you consider subscribing to Phoronix Premium. The subscription membership to Phoronix Premium is very low and helps offset some of the losses we encounter in advertising revenues from those using AdBlock and when the global economy is down in general...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh, didn't know you can just donate something to. Not having any benefits out of the Premium features (yeah, Adblock, at least at home), I've just done that. It's not as if there's a Linux hardware (especially graphics related) site that comes close.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Oh, didn't know you can just donate something to. Not having any benefits out of the Premium features (yeah, Adblock, at least at home), I've just done that. It's not as if there's a Linux hardware (especially graphics related) site that comes close.
      Thanks!
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Just out of curiousity, is the site running with heavy losses? The post sparked a worrying feeling in me.

For those not interested in phoronix premium, can we just donate to keep the site running?

Comment

Originally posted by KhaaL View Post
          Just out of curiousity, is the site running with heavy losses? The post sparked a worrying feeling in me.

For those not interested in phoronix premium, can we just donate to keep the site running?
          Yes, you can. The donate button is hiding in the news post

Comment

Originally posted by KhaaL View Post
            Financial losses? No. But it's not sustainable for me with the current margins that I can keep working 80~100 hour work weeks forever.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

First, sorry to post this late.

Then here is my post:
              Phoronix does do what i want to see in a Linux/hardware online website.
              The tests are always objective, very clear and the benchmarks used are nicely selected. (Perhaps a little more games on the tests would be awesome)
              It would be really nice to have news about Phoronix team too, what they are doing at moment, for exemple working on a project or just taking some hollidays with "Phoronix T-Shirts XD "
              Well that would be awesome and would create some "coffee" discussions arround the forums.
              And by the way selling some Phoronix Gears would give you some money (Perhaps)
              Perhaps making some partners ship with Linux Distributions or other Linux news / Hardware news websites would attract some people to Phoronix website.

Anyway continue like this is really pleasant to read Phoronix.

My biggest ask for change on this site is quite simple :
              Instead of having the "Lasted featured content" as first page and news.
              Why isn't the "Latest Phoronix News" ?
              I mean if someone come to the website he would like to see that the site is really up to date with the newer informations resumed directly.
              Of course the right menu give a nice overview but in my sens they should be replacing the current news.
              Then perhaps a new design ? XD, well is getting a little bit old.

I don't post often on Phoronix as you can see, but I visite not everyday but close to.
              I really like the way the newses are done.

[EDIT]
              A button subscribe premium in top of the site would help a lot.
              Something like deviant art do.
              There's 2 small login fields at the top of the website, so it's very easy and clear to login and with browser to auto login.
              Then just a small link in text like "premium" at left or right would let everyone know that you're offering this kind of possibilities.
              About news, some news about other linux hardware would be great too, like "mobile phones, wifi hardware etc."-
              Last edited by dl.zerocool; 27 July 2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X