Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALSA 1.0.20 Released, Many Fixes & Improvements

Phoronix: ALSA 1.0.20 Released, Many Fixes & Improvements

With three months having passed since the release of ALSA 1.0.19, it is now time for an update to the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture. ALSA 1.0.20 was announced this morning and it brings forth a slew of bug-fixes and other audio driver updates for Linux. There are far too many changes in ALSA 1.0.20 to talk about them all, but some of the prominent ones that caught our attention affect the C-Media Oxygen driver, HDA Codec, and HDA Intel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sadly, the 8788 mixer still has all out levels marked as Master instead of what channels they are.

Comment

Then go forward and fix it yourself.

Comment

My au8830 seems to be incapable of playing two sounds at once now, and the sound is full of clicks with even one stream.

I'm guessing this bug (warning: demands to set cookies) is someone else with the same problem... so I'll just sit here and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
          My au8830 seems to be incapable of playing two sounds at once now
          So, if it's now why did you upgrade? Rather then sit and wait maybe you should downgrade?
          Last edited by kraftman; 06 May 2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I'm using 1.0.19. No fix for it is in 1.0.20.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Sadly, the 8788 mixer still has all out levels marked as Master instead of what channels they are.
              This is a known bug of the alsamixer tool, but nobody has had time to fix it before the release.

Comment

Originally posted by cladisch View Post
                This is a known bug of the alsamixer tool, but nobody has had time to fix it before the release.
                I know, I filed the bug report months ago ( 2008-10-30 ) back around 1.0.16 and it remains open.
                Last edited by deanjo; 08 May 2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

No support for Auzentech X-Fi cards...

Comment

Working...
                  X