Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Terror Prepares For 4.2 Beta

Phoronix: Urban Terror Prepares For 4.2 Beta

Urban Terror 4.2 is expected to go into public beta tomorrow with many new features and improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I used to play it a lot when i started with Linux and it was fun....gonna enter in the Beta...darn HD is delayed like hell

Comment

On this one graphics suck, but gameplay does not.

updated hit detection
      extremely appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
        On this one graphics suck, but gameplay does not.

extremely appreciated!
        If you want good graphics and still the possibility to have object driven games, get Xonotic. It has an objective mode (I don't know how popular it is but it's there).

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
          If you want good graphics and still the possibility to have object driven games, get Xonotic. It has an objective mode (I don't know how popular it is but it's there).
          Xonotic is broken on my system and developers know about this bug.
          Basically, if you have XFCE, the key combinations that xorg sends _on non-english keyboards_ are a bit different.
          Instead WASD, inside Xonotic keyboard bindings menu, I get "World_35", "World_36" and so on.

Urban terror works fine there. And in xonotic, I cannot move. This is specific only to key selection menu, the name menu works like charm.

It does not help to remove all languages, except english - it depends only on non-english keyboard.

Comment

Ok, now, magically, it can work with my keyboard.... I could WASD the keys and played online a few minutes. Xonotic shows same qualities as UT2004, loving it

Comment

Working...
            X