Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metisse X Window System Roadmap

Phoronix: Metisse X Window System Roadmap

Remi Cardona is currently talking at FOSDEM 2008 in the X.Org development room about Metisse. For those that don't know, Metisse is an open-source X Window System that was conceived as a French research project (and is incorrectly considered competition to Compiz)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hello.

Is there a possibility of having subtitles in those videos? There are too many people that understand written English but not the spoken one.

Regards.

Comment

Yes, subtitles would be really great.
      (The server ist slow, why are you not using bittorrent?)

Thanks in advance

PS: In fosdem_2008_eich.ogg I have unfortunately no sound

edit: okay sorry, then it seems that it was my fault, sorry
      Last edited by bugmenot; 03 March 2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Anyone is free to make a Bit Torrent, but I don't have the time right now as I am traveling.

I find it odd that you'd be having slow download problems... It's a dedicated server in a data center and that server is virtually idle 99% of the time.

I personally don't have the time to do any subtitles, but maybe someone does. Check out the articles at http://www.phoronix.com/ for the written important information anyways,
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm personally very interested in Xorg stuff, specially Radeon and X Audio.

OT: Why xf86-video-ati instead xorg-video-ati?

Comment

Working...
          X