Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Popular Linux Hardware Of 2012

Phoronix: The Most Popular Linux Hardware Of 2012

Here's a look at some of the most popular PC components for Linux users this year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

- Intel HD 2500/4000 "Ivy Bridge" (Gen7)
    - Intel Core IGP (Gen5)
    - Matrox MGA G200eW WPCM450

Shhuuure! 3 place inhabited by a Matrox. Does any virtual machine use that as kind of emulated GPU "User Agent" string?
    I can't really believe that a Matrox GPU should be that common among average users. So the question is: Is the rest of the whole data set useful?
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Since when Phoronix has average users?

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        Shhuuure! 3 place inhabited by a Matrox. Does any virtual machine use that as kind of emulated GPU "User Agent" string?
        I can't really believe that a Matrox GPU should be that common among average users. So the question is: Is the rest of the whole data set useful?
        The only VM I've heard of emulating Matrox is AMD's SimNow, but that's designed for BIOS/kernel/driver debugging, not as a general-purpose VM that it would make sense to benchmark. Perhaps the rankings are based on number of results submitted rather than unique systems seen, and there's somebody constantly running regression tests on a server with that Matrox chipset?

Comment

Core count is presumably logical core count, yes?

Comment

New Years Resolution: try to get 2560x1600 on that resolution list. Because 1080p being the best of the average resolutions is awful.

Comment

Working...
            X