Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 7.5 RC3 Brings Build, Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 7.5 RC3 Brings Build, Bug Fixes

Mesa 7.5 with its Gallium3D love is nearing. In time for some weekend testing, Brian Paul has announced the release of Mesa 7.5 Release Candidate 3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now we just need some completed Gallium3D drivers for ATI/AMD and NVIDIA hardware...
    Patches welcome. :3

~ C.

Comment

Originally posted by MostAwesomeDude View Post

~ C.
      #include "just_work_god_dammit.h"

Comment

As a happy customer of an ATi RadeonHD 3650 and the free ATi driver, I have just one thing to say:

GIVE. ME. THREE. DEE.

Originally posted by conholster View Post
        LOL

Comment

Is the Intel driver using Gallium3D in 7.5, or is that planned for a later release?

Comment

does anyone know when we can expect a working gallium3d driver for amd r700 cards?
            i know that bridgman said something about end of the year but that was quite a few months ago and maybe someone can give a better estimate now.

Comment

Originally posted by conholster View Post
              r300 is currently OVER 9000 lines of code, and still useless for all but the simplest tasks. r600 will require only a bit less code, and it's more complex because it is much more generic.

"Just make it work" is kind of tough.

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
              does anyone know when we can expect a working gallium3d driver for amd r700 cards?
              i know that bridgman said something about end of the year but that was quite a few months ago and maybe someone can give a better estimate now.
              When It's Ready.

As soon as KMS+GEM works on those cards, I'll add radeon softpipe support for them, which means that DRI2 SW rendering will work. After that, it'll be the long, slow road of porting r6xx-rewrite into the Gallium architecture.

Comment

Which is the Galluim3D support for Intel graphics cards?

Comment

When It's Ready.

As soon as KMS+GEM works on those cards, I'll add radeon softpipe support for them, which means that DRI2 SW rendering will work. After that, it'll be the long, slow road of porting r6xx-rewrite into the Gallium architecture.
                  thanks for your answer + thanks for the work you do on the r300 driver
                  keep going!

Comment

Really good news. I hope that most Open Source drivers will use Gallium3D soon.

~ C.
                    MAD, I miss you in #zen-sources, you weren't there since ages.

Comment

Working...
                    X