Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquaria Game Source-Code Published

Phoronix: Aquaria Game Source-Code Published

Last month we reported on four indie games going open-source that were part of the pay-what-you-want "Humble Indie Bundle" after the developers experienced very favorable returns. The source-code to Aquaria has now been published with the source-code to the three other titles (Lugaru, Gish, and Penumbra Overture) already being available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And I did support the humble bundle. Aquaria is very neat. But I did't come to test the other games yet.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

For the Gentoo users among us, I did start working on ebuilds for the open source games but got sidetracked with trying to bring Penumbra: Overture to x86_64. This required porting it to version 2 of the Newton physics engine. It builds and runs now but touching anything results in insta-death due to broken collision code. XD It is hoped that either me or the guy who originally ported it to Linux will be able to figure it out. I'll try and find time to make ebuilds for the other games too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
        For the Gentoo users among us, I did start working on ebuilds for the open source games but got sidetracked with trying to bring Penumbra: Overture to x86_64. This required porting it to version 2 of the Newton physics engine. It builds and runs now but touching anything results in insta-death due to broken collision code. XD It is hoped that either me or the guy who originally ported it to Linux will be able to figure it out. I'll try and find time to make ebuilds for the other games too.
        That's great news Chewi.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Chewie that will have me emerge them soon.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Chewi you rock

Comment

Your kind comments inspired me to work on Aquaria sooner than I might have. I've just completed an ebuild for the engine. I'll get it uploaded once I've completed the ebuild for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                Your kind comments inspired me to work on Aquaria sooner than I might have. I've just completed an ebuild for the engine. I'll get it uploaded once I've completed the ebuild for the game.
                If you're ever in Edinburgh I'm due you a beer - or another beverage of your choice

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                  If you're ever in Edinburgh I'm due you a beer - or another beverage of your choice
                  I may well take you up on that sooner or later! Thanks.

I've got the game running now and in 64-bit, thanks to additional work by Ryan and others. I've only played it for about 5 seconds but it seems to work. I still have some finishing touches to put on the ebuild but it shouldn't be long now.

Comment

Which game? Aquaria?

In any case, cool work!

Comment

Working...
                    X