Java3D crashes with R300 DRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java3D crashes with R300 DRI

Java3D always crashes for me, while DRI in general works fine. Java3D worked fine with fglrx.

Specs:
    Ubuntu Gutsy x86
    ATI X200M
    Java 6 (1.6.0_03-b05)
    Java3D 1.5.1
    DRM, DRI and ATI driver are head as of today

Code:
    #
    # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb4bc518e, pid=9157, tid=3034581904
    #
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.6.0_03-b05 mixed mode, sharing)
    # Problematic frame:
    # C  [r300_dri.so+0x3218e]
    #
    # An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid9157.log
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
    #

Just for the record, Java3D 1.4.0 works fine and that's enough for me. Of course it would be quite nice to have 1.5.1 working as well.

Comment

Originally posted by greg View Post
      Just for the record, Java3D 1.4.0 works fine and that's enough for me. Of course it would be quite nice to have 1.5.1 working as well.
      Well there isn't enough informations to find out why it segfault. There is likely a way to ask java to be more verbose or to get a backtrace to see where exactly this happen (note that you might want to install the debug version or dri package so there is debug symbol available).

Comment

This is what the VM dumps to a file while crashing. I'm not sure of how much use can it be for debugging the driver.

(I can't post it here, too much text)

Comment

Originally posted by greg View Post
          This is what the VM dumps to a file while crashing. I'm not sure of how much use can it be for debugging the driver.

(I can't post it here, too much text)
          This give more informations But yet we can get more if you install dri debug symbol on debian system this is somethings like libgl1-mesa-dri-dbg, i am pretty sure there is similar things on distrib like fedora. On you get that installed retry and repost this full debug informations so i can see where exactly in r300 this happen.

Comment

Working...
          X