Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Launch Titles For The Gameolith Linux Store

Phoronix: The Launch Titles For The Gameolith Linux Store

At the beginning of the month I mentioned a new online gaming store would be launching. This online store, Gameolith, unlike Steam and Desura would be specifically Linux-focused. There was a delay in the store launching by a week, but today they have announced their launch titles available from this platform. Sadly, however, it's nothing to cause excitement...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unless Dampfnudel is just around the corner, I think I will try out Gameolith.

Comment

Gameolith's launch titles include SpaceChem, Big Fat Alien BEEP, BOH, Grappling Hook, Hacker Evolution Duality, and Family Farm. Ever hear of any of these titles? Neither have I.
      Shame on you then, I have heard of all of them, and at least BEEP have not been released for Linux previously.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
        Shame on you then, I have heard of all of them, and at least BEEP have not been released for Linux previously.
        Exactly this, what's wrong with you Michael?

Comment

Just some constructive criticism: yet another posting with steam & linux in it (really, I think everyone's getting annoyed by that now). Also, linking to the Gameolith site would have been nice.
          That aside, I think I'll see how the site goes before bagging it. Some of those games look like they could be good bits of fun.

Comment

Looking forward to the launch. I will definitely buy BEEP, which I had heard about some time ago already.

Comment

BEEP looks good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNf2RG21blw

Not my kind of game, but I guess the SDL, box2d physics, fmod, and OpenGL (see introductory text in video) qualify for something.

Reminds me of Little Big Planet which is popular

Different http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__b7mamc4yg but similar.

Not bad at all.

Comment

Michael, reserve judgement on something until it's actually released. Doing anything other than this makes you look like a total ass. Asking for people to wait for Steam --something that isn't going to exist any time soon (please, prove me wrong)-- only makes it worse.

A Linux game store is better than none. Hopefully as time goes on they accumulate a larger library of games.

Comment

Originally posted by mirv View Post
                  Just some constructive criticism: yet another posting with steam & linux in it (really, I think everyone's getting annoyed by that now). Also, linking to the Gameolith site would have been nice.
                  That aside, I think I'll see how the site goes before bagging it. Some of those games look like they could be good bits of fun.
                  Originally posted by mikeplus64 View Post
                  Michael, reserve judgement on something until it's actually released. Doing anything other than this makes you look like a total ass. Asking for people to wait for Steam --something that isn't going to exist any time soon (please, prove me wrong)-- only makes it worse.

A Linux game store is better than none. Hopefully as time goes on they accumulate a larger library of games.
                  Agreed, the evidence against Steam coming to Linux from multiple interviews with Valve's employees far outweigh anything you've ever posted. If it was going to happen it would have long ago.

Put up or shut up, this horse was beaten to death long ago, only you and it's dried and broken bones remain...

Comment

I bought Spacechem last week (it was a daily deal during the summer sale, lots of exposure, strange you haven't heard of it), it is an awesome game and I heartily recommend it. I was not aware until yesterday there is a Linux version (apparently if you contact the developper you can 'reverse activate' your steam version to access the linux version), but if a new Linux store carries this game it clearly is a good sign.

Comment

Working...
                    X