ATI-TV out fglrx with the X1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI-TV out fglrx with the X1200

Has anyone had any luck in using the tv out cv (component video)?

I can query and detect the monitor

aticonfig --query-monitor
    Connected monitors: cv, tmds2i
    Enabled monitors: tmds2i

However when I enable the monitor
    aticonfig --enable-monitor=tmds2i,cv

the screen goes black and nothing shows up on the tv

When I use the vesa drivers, the default ones I can get component video on the TV; however the resolution is like 800x600 and I can't up it. Even on my LCD monitor and I try to up the resolution and it won't let me. If I unplug the component tv/adapter and start fedora 7 then the screen's resolution is higher. It's like the TV adapter limits the resolution while using the vesa drivers. But to be honest I'd prefer to use the fglrx driver instead of the vesa driver.

any ideas?

What happens if you try just aticonfig --enable-monitor=cv without the tmds2i?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

it has the same effect as aticonfig --enable-monitor=tmds2i,cv

by the way i have to reboot the computer and detach the tv dongle for the screen on the lcd monitor to come back.

It enables the video out, I can see the tv change from no imput to 720x480 (60i).

FYI if I turn on the computer w/ the tv dongle attached the TV is enabled at 720x480 (60p) and it stays that way until Xwindows start then the screen goes blank and the input changes to 60i.

Comment

Has anyone had any success with TV out and high resolution (1080i) while using component video?

if so which drivers did you use, the fglrx, radeon, or vesa?

Comment

Using the vesa driver is definitely not the way to go... Radeon has TV-Out problems and is not supported by the R500 series.

Your best bet will be to use the fglrx driver. It looks like your current problem would be a fglrx bug to hopefully be fixed in 8.40 or 8.41.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Using the vesa driver is definitely not the way to go... Radeon has TV-Out problems and is not supported by the R500 series.

Your best bet will be to use the fglrx driver. It looks like your current problem would be a fglrx bug to hopefully be fixed in 8.40 or 8.41.

yeah I updated to 8.40 and everything works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by eneilsen View Post
              yeah I updated to 8.40 and everything works just fine.
              /me hmms

Is that X1200 an agp or pcie card?

Comment

it's integrated onto the MB

Comment

I'm having difficulty getting the component out to work on a 1250 built in to a MB using the 8.43.2 drivers. Would you post you xorg.conf file?

Comment

I've upgraded to the new 8.43.2 driver and it stopped working. There must be a bug in this release.

Comment

Working...
                    X