Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 easy questions about ATI drivers

Hello,

I'm using Gentoo with the latest ATI drivers available (8.542, which is I think the 8.10 version...) and I have 2 questions :

* The catalyst control center offers in the 3D section, a "more settings" panel, where I can set "Catalyst A.I." to either "Standard" or "Advanced".
    What's this ? When I set "Advanced", no more options are highlighted in the panel.

* The powerplay feature is not available for my HD4870. I hoped this way been able to downclock the GPU in order to have less noise in 2D ? Is powerplay the good way to achieve this ?

Thanks for the time you would have taken answering my questions

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
    Hello,

I'm using Gentoo with the latest ATI drivers available (8.542, which is I think the 8.10 version...) and I have 2 questions :

* The catalyst control center offers in the 3D section, a "more settings" panel, where I can set "Catalyst A.I." to either "Standard" or "Advanced".
    What's this ? When I set "Advanced", no more options are highlighted in the panel.

* The powerplay feature is not available for my HD4870. I hoped this way been able to downclock the GPU in order to have less noise in 2D ? Is powerplay the good way to achieve this ?

Thanks for the time you would have taken answering my questions
    Not sure exactly what AI does, but I think it's to do with app specific hacks.

If you do -

aticonfig --adapter=0 --od-getclocks
    aticonfig --adapter=0 --od-gettemperature

You should see that the card is underclocked automatically when not loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
      The tooltip for it says "Enables per-application 3d optimizations" - ie. if there's any hacks that make a particular game work better, this will enable them. I don't know if the Linux driver actually has any of these optimisations yet, but I'm pretty sure the Windows version does.

Comment

Working...
      X