Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Introduces Tegra Processors

Phoronix: NVIDIA Introduces Tegra Processors

Following the introduction of Intel's Atom MID (Mobile Internet Device) processor family as part of the Menlow platform, VIA had introduced the Nano Processor Family just last week. Today at Computex Taipei, NVIDIA has announced their own mobile processor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

bah, windows crap edition only -> boring.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
      Moreover, for the juice consumed, the top-end OMAP3's are equally or more capable, and there's a pair of Linux-centric projects coming for them right now.

Comment

Engadget says Android could still end up running on it: http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/02/n...hone-mid-game/

Garmin's Nuvifone and their other GPS devices might be using this, if not something awfully close. With the t-mobile Android phone, the 3G iPhone and the nuvifone coming out later this year, I'm glad my cellphone contract ends next month.

Android is going to be tough to beat, the youtube videos have been impressive.

Comment

It did raise my eyebrows a bit when I saw NVidia on the ARM licensee list a year or so ago; at the time I thought it was for the integrated firewall stuff in NForce...

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
            I didn't notice anything saying that they were windows only. If they had made it an x86 processor instead of an ARM, then it would be a lot more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Spain View Post
              I didn't notice anything saying that they were windows only. If they had made it an x86 processor instead of an ARM, then it would be a lot more interesting.
              Back when nv announced the APX2500 they specifically stated WinCE-exclusive.

If they made it an x86 core, then they'd have to add crap like BIOS, ACPI, ...
              so microsoft can run vista on it. Then it would be just another run-of-the-mill
              PC on a chip, which is no achievement at all these days (I don't consider Intels
              "Atom" revolutionary. It's a power-hungry windows-enabler for small devices. nothing more.)

Comment

Working...
              X