Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware Workstation 10 Brings In New Features

Phoronix: VMware Workstation 10 Brings In New Features

While Oracle is readying VirtualBox 4.3, VMware has released VMware Fusion 6 and VMware Workstation 10 as their latest desktop virtualization offerings. There's a great number of new features present...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did they find a way to get 3D acceleration working on Intel's GPU drivers? I really would use their products if I didn't need to grab an NVIDIA laptop when I already have a perfectly decent Ivy Bridge (getting ready for Wayland, after all).

Other than that, this looks like a great release with some meaningful improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by scionicspectre View Post
      Did they find a way to get 3D acceleration working on Intel's GPU drivers? I really would use their products if I didn't need to grab an NVIDIA laptop when I already have a perfectly decent Ivy Bridge (getting ready for Wayland, after all).

Other than that, this looks like a great release with some meaningful improvements.
      With Vmware player I get 3d acceleration working with Intel official driver installer (from 01.org) and adding
      Code:
      mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = TRUE
      in the .vmx file.

Comment

Does it still rely on HAL?
        Last edited by pouar; 11 September 2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
          With Vmware player I get 3d acceleration working with Intel official driver installer (from 01.org) and adding
          Code:
          in the .vmx file.
          Ah, I've done this many times, and it just crashes. There are several forum threads on the VMWare site about the issue and no one seems to be able to get a stable experience, but since you have it working I guess I'll have to try it again. It has been about 4 months since I tried, but maybe I'll get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
            Code:
            in the .vmx file.
            Do you have any version numbers (kernel, Player, Mesa, Intel drivers, etc.) and Intel GPU model?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X