Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Linux Utilities Come For USB Logitech Devices

Phoronix: More Linux Utilities Come For USB Logitech Devices

It's been a while since last reporting any improved to Logitech device support on Linux or any other USB gaming mice/keyboards for Linux. However, a Phoronix reader has written in with some news...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good news.
    But I recommend not to buy products from Logitech or any other brand that does not officially support GNU/Linux.

Comment

Kudos to developers!

Although I boycott Logitech input devices due to absence of any support for their universal dongle. This was outright stupid move by Logitech. I recommend Roccat and Revoltec over Logitech input devices anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
        Good news.
        But I recommend not to buy products from Logitech or any other brand that does not officially support GNU/Linux.
        sooo how is it, owning only a Neo Freerunner?

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
          Kudos to developers!

Although I boycott Logitech input devices due to absence of any support for their universal dongle. This was outright stupid move by Logitech. I recommend Roccat and Revoltec over Logitech input devices anyday.
          Hmm, I never looked at Roccat before, but it seems that they are the German equivalent of Razer. That's interesting. Too bad that they don't have official support (or even mention) of Linux in the product pages, but at least they seem to be cooperative otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Hmm, I never looked at Roccat before, but it seems that they are the German equivalent of Razer. That's interesting. Too bad that they don't have official support (or even mention) of Linux in the product pages, but at least they seem to be cooperative otherwise.
            Remember though that roccat has mainlined drivers for their mice.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver View Post
              Remember though that roccat has mainlined drivers for their mice.
              Which makes me wonder, does anything on Linux actually use the TalkFX thing and such?

Comment

I never did care for any of the Logitech Unifying devices I tried out to begin with. The various keyboards and mice that I picked up would always suffer from intense signal loss, even with fully-charged batteries and even with the devices closely in range with the receiver.

Comment

This is great news! Been waiting for a while for better Linux support using Logitech devices. Finally I will be able to view battery/solar charge for my K750 keyboard, one of the most responsive keyboards I've ever used. Should be able to change the FN keys too, such a benefit! Hopefully some tweaks for the G9/G9x and more generic mice will be available as well. Perhaps the developer, Peter Woo, deserves a small donation to keep him motivated. Very happy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                    sooo how is it, owning only a Neo Freerunner?
                    No, a ThinkPenguin:

Well, when someone says something like what I said, you expect someone related to Logitech read and say: Look at this, they are speaking bad about us, perhaps we should start to be interested in GNU/Linux.
                    Many companies do not officially support GNU/Linux, but at least collaborate with OpenSource drivers developers. I think Logitech deserves a big Linus Torvalds fuc*you...
                    (sorry for my English)

Comment

Working...
                    X