Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Radeon 6.7.196 Driver Release

Phoronix: ATI Radeon 6.7.196 Driver Release

Last month Alex Deucher pushed out the xf86-video-ati 6.7.195 driver, which is another release candidate before the 6.8 release for this open-source ATI graphics driver. The ATI 6.7.196 release includes a few Radeon fixes, specifically for cursor-related hangs, LVDS fixes, support for new DDC type, and BIOS/dock/LVDS hardware state fixes.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: ATI Radeon 6.7.196 Driver Release

Last month Alex Deucher pushed out the xf86-video-ati 6.7.195 driver, which is another release candidate before the 6.8 release for this open-source ATI graphics driver. The ATI 6.7.196 release includes a few Radeon fixes, specifically for cursor-related hangs, LVDS fixes, support for new DDC type, and BIOS/dock/LVDS hardware state fixes.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjE4NQ
    They still did not correct the problem with modeline.
    It has no effect to put a line in xorg.conf and xvidtune give an error message while trying to apply the changes.
    Tried with Xorg 7.2

Comment

Originally posted by kir? View Post
      They still did not correct the problem with modeline.
      It has no effect to put a line in xorg.conf and xvidtune give an error message while trying to apply the changes.
      Tried with Xorg 7.2
      I found a solution:

Binary package hint: xorg I tried the new radeon drivers: 6.7.192 6.7.195 6.7.196 With all of them I couldn't center the screen. I tried both with xvidtune (setting parameters and hitting Apply) and putting the line Modeline xxxxxxxxxxxx in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Modeline simply doesn't work while xvidtune say I requested a mode-line that is not possible or supported. 6.6.3 release works fine and I have no problem. My xorg version it is not the latest but is 1.3... however I think this is an...

Comment

Working...
      X