Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing older versions/actual documentation

Hello,

Trying to run PTS 3.8.0 revealed a number of problems (inability to load tests list, inability to compile certain tests).
    Also, the root documentation link:
    The Phoronix Test Suite open-source, cross-platform automated testing/benchmarking software. - phoronix-test-suite/phoronix-test-suite

has nothing for 3.8.0. Documentation link in the top menu leads to quick start guide, which is out-of-date as well.

'login' command to global site is simply missing, with no explanation of how to perform that login.

Mailing list archives stop on November 2010, so I can't search for possible problems solutions in there, as well.

Taking all the above together, I conclude it was too early to announce 3.8.0, since there are no actual documentation files, no means to debug/trace its problem via command line parameters. I wasted several hours on debugging instead of just using the suite, as planned.

Is there regular means to access older stable PTS versions, say 2.6.0, beyond trying to find its branch in git repository?

Update: Thanks heavens, I just used the link
    Code:
    http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/download.php?file=phoronix-test-suite-2.6.0
    (specifying required version manually in URL) and it seemed to work.

Which still leaves all the questions for 3.8.0 open.

Thanks.
    Last edited by temmokan; 19 May 2012, 10:12 PM. Reason: managed to find older solution

Originally posted by temmokan View Post
    Hello,

Trying to run PTS 3.8.0 revealed a number of problems (inability to load tests list, inability to compile certain tests).
    Also, the root documentation link:
    The Phoronix Test Suite open-source, cross-platform automated testing/benchmarking software. - phoronix-test-suite/phoronix-test-suite

has nothing for 3.8.0. Documentation link in the top menu leads to quick start guide, which is out-of-date as well.

'login' command to global site is simply missing, with no explanation of how to perform that login.

Mailing list archives stop on November 2010, so I can't search for possible problems solutions in there, as well.

Taking all the above together, I conclude it was too early to announce 3.8.0, since there are no actual documentation files, no means to debug/trace its problem via command line parameters. I wasted several hours on debugging instead of just using the suite, as planned.

Is there regular means to access older stable PTS versions, say 2.6.0, beyond trying to find its branch in git repository?

Update: Thanks heavens, I just used the link
    Code:
    http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/download.php?file=phoronix-test-suite-2.6.0
    (specifying required version manually in URL) and it seemed to work.

Which still leaves all the questions for 3.8.0 open.

Thanks.
    openbenchmarking-login is the login command on PTS3.

There is a HTML documentation file included with PTS 3.8. There's also a PDF version of it on Phoronix-Test-Suite.com.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X