Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fglrx 9.4 dpms off doesn't work

Hello!

I just fresh installed ubuntu 9.04 64bit and then installed the final 9.4 from amd. It overall works better than ubuntu's version.

Whats annoying is that this version doesn't standby my displays correctly.
    Code:
    xset dpms force off
    makes the screen black, but does nothing else, no powersaving.

Any suggestions/reasons?

Hardware:
    HD3870
    2 TFTs on DVI

Regards,
    Flo

I'm running into the same behavior, Kubuntu 9.04 with Catalyst 9.4 (final) amd64.

DPMS modes blank the screen but leave the backlight on.

I have tried with a Radeon 3850 and a 4850 with the same results. I've tried nearly every variation of an xorg.conf I can come up with with no results. vbetool is able to turn off the screen through dpms, but that isn't really a good solution.

Anyone running Catalyst 9.4 on another distro that has DPMS working? I'd like to know if this is a driver bug or an Ubuntu bug.

Comment

I forgot to mention, i believe it's a bug with fglrx, it works with other drivers on ubuntu 9.04!

Comment

Ditto here using Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) 64-bit w/ Dual Monitor running off of a nVIDIA GeForce 8600GT and I am using the restricted drivers v180.44.

See also:
        I have a dual monitor setup, and I recently switched from "Separate X-Sessions" to a "TwinView" and now my monitors won't go into standby mode. I've even changed the Power Management Preferences to put the display in sleep when inactive for only 2 minutes, and it still won't go into sleep after hours of waiting. When I was using "Separate X-Sessions" both monitors would go to sleep just fine... Is there an issue with monitors going into sleep when using TwinView?

I've had this issue since Hardy (8.04), and each upgrade (intrepid and now jaunty) I've been crossing my fingers and hoping for a fix but it has not

Using Ubuntu 8.04.1 (up to date) I have a dual-monitor setup and in the past I was using "Separate X-Sessions" for each monitor. I recently switched to "TwinView" and now my monitors won't go into sleep (power saving) state. I've tried changing the settings in System>Power Management>Display> "Put display to sleep when inactive for" but no matter what I set it to (for a time limit) it NEVER goes into sleep mode. I've left the computer on for hours on end, and they never go into sleep. But...

Comment

Working...
        X