Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapdragon DRM/KMS Driver Still Forthcoming

Phoronix: Snapdragon DRM/KMS Driver Still Forthcoming

The Qualcomm Snapdragon DRM/KMS graphics driver for the Linux kernel is still being revised and looks like it's being taken serious enough that it will be mainlined in due time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It seems that my next phone will have Qualcomm hardware
    Anyone know what is the status of the other open-source mobile gpu drivers (Lima, Tegra etc)?

Comment

Originally posted by amehaye View Post
      It seems that my next phone will have Qualcomm hardware
      Anyone know what is the status of the other open-source mobile gpu drivers (Lima, Tegra etc)?
      None of the other drivers are even close. Adreno had an unnatural boost by way of all the things it has in common with Radeon hardware. As awesome as Rob Clark is in getting this work so far so fast, he does have the benefit of at least *some* applicable documentation. None of the other projects have this advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
        None of the other drivers are even close. Adreno had an unnatural boost by way of all the things it has in common with Radeon hardware. As awesome as Rob Clark is in getting this work so far so fast, he does have the benefit of at least *some* applicable documentation. None of the other projects have this advantage.
        Yeah, it was originally developed by ATi. AMD sold that division to Qualcomm after the merger.

Comment

We just recently started getting decent drivers for x86, and now we have to go through the same corporate secrets BS again on ARM, lovely.

Comment

I would like to know if anything is being done for Tegra 4 on Linux

Comment

Working...
            X