Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 13.04 Is About 13% Complete

Phoronix: Ubuntu 13.04 Is About 13% Complete

For those curious about the state of Ubuntu 13.04's development, there is a convenient status page to reflect the overall condition of this forthcoming Ubuntu Linux that is codenamed the Raring Ringtail...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ubuntu 13.04 is expected for release on the 25th of November
    Umm, what? You mean April?

Comment

"Ubuntu 13.04 is expected for release on the 25th of November while the beta release is expected for March. The Debian Import Freeze is happening in mid-February."

Uh. no. I think you mean 25th April. The "04" in "13.04" is the clue.

Comment

well, he did say 113 days, and I'm pretty sure both the 25th of this November and next November are not 113 days away.

Comment

We all know 2 facts about Michael:
          - He's not using a spell-checker
          - He's using the Mayan calendar, so Mayan November 25 = Our April 25

Comment

Or maybe the alpha is set for november?

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
              Or maybe the alpha is set for november?
              We're not doing Alphas.

Comment

It's just a typo.

I wouldn't mind getting involved, but cripes it seems like you need a lot of domain knowledge just to dive into an OSS project. Scanning through the bug reports and it's like, "yeah no clue... no clue... no clue...".

Comment

You can't take the completion thing too seriously because I don't think they meet 100% for any release nor is it supposed to. The last two releases seem to be 80+%.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                    You can't take the completion thing too seriously because I don't think they meet 100% for any release nor is it supposed to. The last two releases seem to be 80+%.
                    +1

The last version that was good was 11.04. And when is Ubuntu 100% done ? The day it launches, it has 100MB of updates already there.

Comment

Working...
                    X