Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tungsten Creates New VIA 3D Stack

Phoronix: Tungsten Creates New VIA 3D Stack
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very nice. This might put via in my purchasing map once again.

It would be very nice to see a review of via hardware once this gets released.

Big thumbs up for via.

Comment

Great to see people working on VIA 3D, but Redundancy

It's great that Thomas is not forgetting about those with older VIA hardware, but we're going to end up with multiple drivers like radeon and radeonhd. I'm hopeful that this won't be the case since Thomas volunteered to "Port VIA's new drm patches over to the new openchrome DRM." :-)

Comment

I love watching companies write each other's Free drivers. It's just not something you'd ever see in the Windows/OSX realm, and it's really interesting to behold. Way to go guys, keep up the awesome work.

Comment

Remember when all this was just a distant dream?
          Real open source drivers for 2D/3D hardware actively supported by the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by RoboJ1M View Post
            Remember when all this was just a distant dream?
            Real open source drivers for 2D/3D hardware actively supported by the manufacturer.
            So true . World domination, one step at a time

Comment

Working...
            X