DisplayLink announces USB 3.0-to-HDMI adapter, press release link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DisplayLink announces USB 3.0-to-HDMI adapter, press release link

The DisplayLink DL-3500 chip gives the Winstars USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter the ability to use an HDTV monitor in either mirror mode or extended mode at resolutions to 2048x1152, with ultra-low latency, smooth window and cursor movement, and full support for full-screen 3D games and video playback. It also features 2.1/5.1 channel audio and auto-sensing hot plug support.

Very interesting news, but:
    • Is it supported by the current Linux DisplayLink drivers (Kernel: FB_UDL/X.org: xf86-video-displaylink)?
    • Does it support HDMI CEC?

Comment

Originally posted by eliasp View Post
      • Is it supported by the current Linux DisplayLink drivers (Kernel: FB_UDL/X.org: xf86-video-displaylink)?
      The features listing on the product website isn't very detailed, so I wrote a mail to the support to ask about:
      • Supported HDMI spec.
      • HDMI CEC support
      • Linux support

Let's see what the reply looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by eliasp View Post
        The features listing on the product website isn't very detailed, so I wrote a mail to the support to ask about:
        • Supported HDMI spec.
        • HDMI CEC support
        • Linux support

Let's see what the reply looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by arsah
          Did you plan to write something? So far it looks like it is only SPAM.

I didn't get a reply regarding my support request to WinStar yet - if anyone else has details about the questions I've asked, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
          X