Radeon HD4350 and HD 4550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon HD4350 and HD 4550

ATI has announced new low-end cards, the Radeon HD 4350 and the Radeon HD 4550. The performance/watt and performance/$ look very good. I look forward to the open source drivers putting them to good use.

This seriously sucks. What is wrong with AMD ?

The 4550 should have been similar in performance to the 3650, but instead, it seems nothing more than 4370 when you look at its performance relative to 4350.

First, Intel calls Nehalem Core i7. Next, AMD uses a strange 5-digit scheme for Denebs. And now this.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE COMPANIES ? CAN'T THEY NAME ANYTHING PROPERLY ?

Comment

As soon as the 4350 is supported in the open, I'm buying one. Go amd!

Comment

Personally, I'm quite amused by the name "Core i7" (as in "Intel 7th generation"), which appears to represent an official denial by Intel that Netburst/Pentium 4 ever existed

Comment

Originally posted by Alex W. Jackson View Post
          Personally, I'm quite amused by the name "Core i7" (as in "Intel 7th generation"), which appears to represent an official denial by Intel that Netburst/Pentium 4 ever existed
          Totally off-topic, but you haven't really lived until you've been the owner of a Pentium 4 LAPTOP. It was a portable desktop before those were in fashion.

Comment

These would be great to put in one of my media PC's, just wish they would get a card that used 8w, but I guess that will never happen.

On a side note I own a P4 laptop, suffice it to say I think I am shooting blanks...

Comment

i7 does not mean "Intel 7th generation".

Comment

I am shocked, SHOCKED, to learn that intel cannot
                perform simple arithmetic!

Comment

Originally posted by sc3252 View Post
                  These would be great to put in one of my media PC's, just wish they would get a card that used 8w, but I guess that will never happen.
                  Back in the X1xxx days, soneone issued a radeon X1050 card. It was slower than toast. I hear ATI's on-board graphics chipsets (780, 790GX) are pretty good these days, but if you want an extra card I don't think that's available in that power envelope.

Comment

I am using the HS 4350 in ubuntu 9.4 actually running KDE.

but i have been trying to look for a driver that makes it worl properly .. couldn't at all. the screen savers are very slow making it so ugly ..

any ideas???

i tried here:

but nothing changed

Comment

Working...
                    X