40nm, 256-bit, GDDR-5, UVD3, 1GB
    Rumored core: 1280SP

Turks: HD 6670, HD 6650
    40nm, 128-bit, GDDR-5, UVD3, 1GB
    Rumored core: 640SP?

Caicos: HD 6570?, HD 6550?
    40nm, 64-bit, DDR-3, UVD3, 1GB/512MB?
    Rumored core: 320SP?

The mid-high range product HD 6700 family will lunch by 12 Oct 2010.

In other news, Evergreen is obsolete.

HD 6770 is rumored to be about 10% faster than counterpart GTX 460, almost as fast as HD 5850

Enhanced Tessellation unit (x2?), 4D VLIW core, 2 x 6-PIN PCI-E Power, Dual Slot form factor

Comment

While all of these values are within believable ranges, I can't help but notice that you didn't link any sources

Well, someone is wrong, we'll find out soon enough who.

A few bit numbers and shader counts are irrelevant anyway. Anyone could have guessed the numbering scheme.
      The real questions would be:
      a) The 6770 specs you claim are similar to the 5830, both in speed and power draw (two connectors!). Will the improvements of SI cards against an equally fast evergreen part be noticeable? Both are 40nm, and there are limits to architecture-based improvements.
      b) what will they cost? Evergreen prices are bound to drop, so which generation offers the best value for your money?

Of course, noone wants to answer them. AMDs silence may be a bad sign. On the other hand, their GPUs are currently winning, and they wouldn't kill their evergreen margins if they didn't have some substantial improvements.

As usual, we'll have to wait until the actual release. Shouldn't be long now..

Comment

This does not agree with the GPU-Z screenshots which were posted earlier and which showed only 256-bit GDDR5 for 6800 series.

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
          Of course, noone wants to answer them. AMDs silence may be a bad sign. On the other hand, their GPUs are currently winning, and they wouldn't kill their evergreen margins if they didn't have some substantial improvements.
          Nothing to worry about - we didn't talk about the previous generations of GPUs before launch either.

Even the Fusion APU information released so far has been pretty much CPU only (other than the fact that the Fusion APUs have DX11 graphics), and there's usually a thumb over the GPU portion of the die shots
          Test signature

Comment

oh, my biggest worry is that my shiny HD5770 is obsoleted before there's usable OSS support. You'll want me to keep worrying
            (I won't upgrade soon, anyway. My card serves me well and jumping to next-gen will only delay the ETA for OSS drivers.)

The thing is, I knew pretty much everything about the 5770 before it was launched, including the date when you'd reveal what everyone knew already. Of course the lack of information now is not due to a change in PR, but rather a successful game of whack-a-mole. Sure, it's preferable to announcing specs for a <200W GPU in september and delivering a >>250W GPU in april.
            Still feels.. odd. Hunting down the small bits of information and piecing them together was kinda fun

Comment

Fudzilla says the Radeon HD 6000 series may just be an incremental improvement release: Link
              If this is true, the open-source driver may be a bit quicker to appear this time around.

Electronista hints at a November release date.
              Time will tell if these rumors are true or not.

Comment

1280 4d shaders means 320 shader units, same as 5d 5870.
                and 1920 is 480

Comment

The 6770 specs you claim are similar to the 5830, both in speed and power draw (two connectors!)
                  I hope the thermals are not that bad. Thermals are important to me.

Comment

I'm sticking with my HD5970. I will not be making a purchase in the HD6000 series. I will wait for TSMC's next smaller process line, and then re-evaluate the standing of ATI and Nvidia's offerings on that line. I can't bring myself to spend top dollar on something that is just an incremental improvement, offering no new API support and with the same transistor size.

Comment

Working...
                    X