Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Select test disk

Hi Forum

I have few hard disks, that I would like to test, and compare results using PTS (performance and various file systems)

PTS works great for me, but I am looking for a way (solution) to make my life easier....

How to run for example:

#phoronix-test-suite run disk

but only on my defined target disk (or mount point)?

I have
    /dev/sda mounted to /
    /dev/sdb mounted to /mnt/sdb
    /dev/sdc mounted to /mnt/sdc
    /dev/sdd mounted to /mnt/sdd

but PTS do not ask me for a target test device etc... test is performed on /

How to change test target directory?

Thanks

Hi Peter,

The most easiest way for you to change it for all tests would be to just define a different install path in \.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.XML instead of .phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

But it means, that after each test (change disk, change file system) I will have to download and install "multiple tests" (or just copy them, or create symlinks)?

I thought that it can be simplest way, like in sqlite test. Sqlite test ask me about test destination, but there are other tests that doesn't ask.

Comment

Hi.

I'd be very curious about this too.

I tried doing what was suggested, I edited the user-config.xml file and changed all the paths in it to /media/corsair-x32/.phoronix-test-suite and copied the .phoronix-test-suite from my home directory there.

After running through part of the disk-ssd test suite however, I'm noticing that the read performance is about 50 Mb/s which seems to be way too slow for it to be the SSD.

Is there any documentation or howto on running the disk tests on different disks?

Comment

Working...
        X