Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Heaven for linux released

Get it here:

Features: Support of DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 and OpenGL Comprehensive use of tessellation technology Advanced SSAO (screen-space ambie

Real-time 3D engine / VR platform for Simulation & Training, 3D Digital Twins, CAD, BIM, GIS. 3D graphics and physics library for ะก++ and C# developers.

Changelog:

• Heavier tessellation load
    • Several major optimizations of the engine
    • Added new elaborated objects in the world
    • Physics-driven flags
    • Enhancements of some old assets
    • Introduced "moderate" and "extreme" tessellation modes

Comment

Oh snaps. Nearly missed it.

Comment

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ouch.

I wonder why it's not detecting all my vRAM though.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
            Ouch.
            No crap ouch.

Comment

Just for direct comparison Melcar here it is in the same res.

Comment

The HD4850 isn't exactly at the GTX275 level, but yeah, the drivers are wonky.
                I ran it on my W7 install for giggles:

OpenGL

D3D10

AMD has some fixing/optimizing/explaining to do .
                By the way, I'm noticing some rendering problems with fglrx and OpenGL mode (it happens in both W7 and Ubuntu). The background in some scenes appears black:

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                  The HD4850 isn't exactly at the GTX275 level, but yeah, the drivers are wonky.
                  I ran it on my W7 install for giggles:

OpenGL

D3D10

AMD has some fixing/optimizing/explaining to do .
                  By the way, I'm noticing some rendering problems with fglrx and OpenGL mode (it happens in both W7 and Ubuntu). The background in some scenes appears black:

I notice on two of your posted benches there 4AA is enabled so I don't know if you can directly compare the results to each other.

Comment

That was just to see the performance drop from 4xAA while using the same renderer (D3D vs. D3D, OpenGL vs. OpenGL).
                    The performance with fglrx is really bad though. The run was using the 10.1 drivers, but I doubt 10.2 is any better (will try it latter tonight since 10.2 is very problematic on my system). Didn't someone either at AMD or Unigine said they were working together on the demo for the purposes of compatibility and optimization? I guess they meant for Windows.

Comment

Working...
                    X