Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris Benchmarks

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris Benchmarks

For your viewing pleasure today are benchmarks of the DragonFlyBSD, Ubuntu, CentOS, Oracle Solaris Express, and OpenIndiana operating systems.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is the point of these system benchmarks when you're not using the same compiler? More than anything you are comparing GCC 4.47, GCC 4.46, GCC 4.52, GCC 4.3.3 against eachother.

Comment

So what we learn is: Use CentOS, drop Dumbuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
        Yeah, I noticed that too... I had always assumed that CentOS was the old/slow/reliable distro for people who didn't want to pay for RedHat Enterprise... at least that was my experience at my previous work place.

Comment

can we have some tests comparing debian with the other debian-based distros?
          I am very curious to see what those distros fix and break from the original branch.

ofc this is a opportunity to ask other similar test for slack-based, redhat distros, arch-based, etc.

i am looking forward for those benchmarks

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
            No. What we learn is: Use Linux, drop Solaris and the pathetic DragonflyBSD.

Do you know that Solaris is actually BSD that has actually been closed off and Propriety?

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
              What is the point of these system benchmarks when you're not using the same compiler? More than anything you are comparing GCC 4.47, GCC 4.46, GCC 4.52, GCC 4.3.3 against eachother.
              And whos fault is that? It's the BSD and Solaris devs who refuse to use more advance compilers cause their pimps M$ and apple didn't like software compiled by a GPLv3 compiler.

So what Michael is testing is what you get from these software due to the decisions of their devs.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgos View Post
                can we have some tests comparing debian with the other debian-based distros?
                I am very curious to see what those distros fix and break from the original branch.

ofc this is a opportunity to ask other similar test for slack-based, redhat distros, arch-based, etc.

i am looking forward for those benchmarks
                I agree. I especially want more test of Debian GNU/Linux vs Debian GNU/Kfreebsd to emphasize to poeple the amount of time and effort wasted by Debian in helping and using BSD.

You see that Kfreebsd is always slower then Linux version.

Comment

Originally posted by BSD BullShitDistro View Post
                  Do you know that Solaris is actually BSD that has actually been closed off and Propriety?
                  Actually it is System V which always has been proprietary.

Comment

OpenIndiana has a new feature which could possibly trick some benchmarks: https://www.illumos.org/issues/3236 I wonder if this is the reason for the rather astonishing difference between OpenIndiana and Snoracle Solaris in the Threaded I/O benchmark.

Comment

Working...
                    X