Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building A Solaris 10 Recovery DVD

Phoronix: Building A Solaris 10 Recovery DVD

There was a lot of interest generated by my last article titled "Build a (Very) Inexpensive Solaris 10 Workstation". Several topics were brought up in this feedback, among which these two questions "what tools does Solaris have for backups?" and "is it possible to make a restore DVD for Solaris?" struck me as particularly important. For reasons of my own, which I divulge in the Purpose section, I decided to pursue these questions and write an article.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

a lot of work

It seems like you did a lot of work to deal with the fact that the on-board NIC doesn't have a driver. Why not just pop in an old tulip card?

Disk drives are so silly cheap now that one might as well just have a disk for each OS setup that you want to test and just swap them in and out. Put a value on your time and it becomes a no-brainer. They make drive caddies to ease the process.

Comment

Working...
    X