Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Stable Release Of Wine: 1.2.3

Phoronix: A New Stable Release Of Wine: 1.2.3

While exciting work continues going into the Wine 1.3 development branch, for those reliant upon running their Windows programs under Linux in a more well-tested configuration, a new Wine 1.2 stable point release has arrived. Wine 1.2.3 is this new version...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Particularly strange question

Does anyone have tried to install Steam with wine, and install/run games with it ?

I'm thinking about testing it some day, as the latest games I bought were on Steam. And early tricks are welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
      Does anyone have tried to install Steam with wine, and install/run games with it ?

I'm thinking about testing it some day, as the latest games I bought were on Steam. And early tricks are welcome
      I've been using wine for years now (contributing Patches, AppDB reviews and such)...I can't say a bad word about the community, all games I've every wanted to play through wine have worked flawlessly, if there's a problem the community investigates and try there hardest to 'fix' the issues, if the contrary, its nvidia or xorg fault.

Comment

Working...
      X