Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply To Be Part Of The Valve Linux Beta

Phoronix: Apply To Be Part Of The Valve Linux Beta

The Valve Linux survey is now live if you wish to partake in Valve's external beta testing process for their forthcoming Steam Linux client...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Apply To Be Part Of The Valve Linux Beta

The Valve Linux survey is now live if you wish to partake in Valve's external beta testing process for their forthcoming Steam Linux client...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIxNTk
    I was just about to post the link to the other valve steam linux thread!

edit: I'm a tool, it's already been posted.

Comment

broken webpage?

tried to fill out the form using chromium, but there was no info in the dropdown boxes. Using Konquerior it seems to work

Comment

Originally posted by burra View Post
        tried to fill out the form using chromium, but there was no info in the dropdown boxes. Using Konquerior it seems to work
        I also could only read the drop-box contents on mouseover. (chromium)

Comment

Originally posted by burra View Post
          You know it can't be a good sign when people can't even fill out the survey without running into some problem .

Granted, it looks like there is some kind of flash or something built into that form. Works ok here with the latest stable firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
            You know it can't be a good sign when people can't even fill out the survey without running into some problem .

Granted, it looks like there is some kind of flash or something built into that form. Works ok here with the latest stable firefox.

That happens with Ubuntu 12.10 with the latest chrominum available from the official repo. It doesn't happen on 12.04, from my testing at least.

Comment

Well the questions are a bit stupid however. Also i have got more than 1 pc and i could test intel onboard (ivy/sandy bridge), nvidia (several) and amd (several). When you could select Debian as distro why is the gfx driver question then if the driver is from the Ubuntu repository, logically it is from the Debian one, so it could be clearer when they would remove the distro name there...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                When you could select Debian as distro why is the gfx driver question then if the driver is from the Ubuntu repository, logically it is from the Debian one, so it could be clearer when they would remove the distro name there...
                Unless Valve wants only Ubuntu systems to actually take part in this round of the beta...
                Other information may just add to their statistics *for now*.

Comment

No survey for me using Firefox on Ubuntu 12.10, just submits emediatly...

Comment

@entropy

I see no reason why a deb for U would not work on Debian when done correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X