Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightspark Gains Faster Rendering, H263/MP3 Video

Phoronix: Lightspark Gains Faster Rendering, H263/MP3 Video

Lightspark, one of the newest free software projects designed to provide an open-source implementation of Adobe's Flash/SWF specification, has been progressing at a rather expedited pace. Lightspark continues to pickup new features with each new release, which as of late have been occurring frequently. Less than a month ago, Lightspark 0.4.2 was released and version 0.4.3 is already approaching with the first release candidate having been released this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No ALSA or OSS support? No thanks
    I will wait until they provide ALSA support.

Comment

Still can't get it to play any YT clip, apart from those example links provided on the project website.

Comment

What? A third opensource Flash player? Are people nuts?

Comment

Hopefully it'll be much better than Gnash and play just about whatever Flash stuff you throw at it.

Comment

Anyone using this? The last time I tried 0.4.2, it crashed quickly (but I was using Catalyst with it and now I have an 8400GS).

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
              Hopefully it'll be much better than Gnash and play just about whatever Flash stuff you throw at it.
              It falls back on Gnash for older flash stuff. Lightspark is aimed at more recent additions to Flash.

Comment

Originally posted by ModplanMan View Post
                It falls back on Gnash for older flash stuff. Lightspark is aimed at more recent additions to Flash.
                That would mean Lightspark's meant for Flash material that's playable only on Flash 9 or above.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                  What? A third opensource Flash player? Are people nuts?
                  It's interesting that it's heavily multithreaded, and relies on opengl shaders, etc. - seeing what is possible if we design for modern hardware.

(Of course, I don't have modern hardware, no shaders, so this project doesn't help me much :-( )

Comment

Working...
                  X