Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Steam Linux Tests/Benchmarks Might Be Coming

Phoronix: More Steam Linux Tests/Benchmarks Might Be Coming

Thanks to changes being made to the Steam Linux client, it looks like we might be closer to being able to deliver more often benchmarks of Steam Linux games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Traces will definitely be interesting to test the GPU's full potential, but it must be noted on those kinds of benchmarks that the cpu load is far from being realistic.

Most source-based games (and Dota 2 especially) are very cpu-limited, so even though we may see the newer AMD APU posting better results on the vogl trace, in reality a machine with a beefier cpu but an older gpu may offer better performance.

Edit: In fact, it would be very interesting to see this tested when vogl traces are introduced to the pts. How well each trace relates to a real-world execution of the same benchmark, especially given different cpu speeds.

Comment

You know, I can't find any good benchmarks for web browsers on Linux. Any plans to try and benchmark browsers on Ubuntu?

Comment

Logging the version numbers is definitely a reasonable compromise.

Looking forward to seeing some benchmarks on my setup (6870, open source drivers) so that I don't have to do them myself, I'm lazy like that.

Comment

Working...
        X