Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google To Bring New Packaged Chrome Apps To Linux

Phoronix: Google To Bring New Packaged Chrome Apps To Linux

For celebrating the fifth birthday of Google's Chrome project, the search giant has today unveiled "For your desktop" Chrome Apps that work from the desktop. Initially this new generation of Chrome Apps is for Chromebooks and Windows, but Linux support is coming soon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

WeatherBug already works on linux. At least on my machine it launches as a standalone app.

Comment

*cou...*NETFLIX*...gh*

At least until something is agreed upon, regarding the Premium Video Extensions.

Comment

Firefox has supported this since last year (on every OS: Linux, *BSD, Mac, Windows, Android, Firefox OS).

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: Google To Bring New Packaged Chrome Apps To Linux
          but Linux support is coming soon...
          I still remember Google Drive is coming soon to...

Comment

I prefer google chrome ported to qt or gtk3...

Comment

Originally posted by abral View Post
              Firefox has supported this since last year (on every OS: Linux, *BSD, Mac, Windows, Android, Firefox OS).
              ^This.

And I've noticed that Google's "Soon to come to Linux" really means "Who cares about Linux, let's work on something else now!"

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                I prefer google chrome ported to qt or gtk3...
                +1 can we please finally get rid of VCL, XUL, and co?

Comment

Same slow JS+HTML shit from a different perspective with more APIs piled onto it.

Comment

never understood (and probably never will) the fascination with web-based applications and software.

Always prefer to have all my software run natively within the operating system as installed native applications and not as some layer over a web application.

Comment

Working...
                    X